Assistant Maintenance Engineer
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm, Friday 3.30pm
€50k- €60k (More on this below)
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading employer of choice based in Dublin, our client has one of the best staff retention rates in the area. They are devoted to providing its employees with training and development opportunities to help assist them with career progression within the business.
From day one you will have access to industry leading training and support to help assist you achieve long term strategies and goals.
What's in it for you?
- €50k - €60
- 12% Performance bonus
- On call allowance
- 23 days holidays + all bank holidays
- Pension Scheme (choice between matched 5% or 7.5%)
- Death in service
- Income protection cover
- Paid GP visits
- Paid for further education (related study)
Your Responsibilities as an Assistant Maintenance Engineer;
- Ensure the communication of handover of plant and equipment back to operation
- Estimate man-hours required by skill and work duration
- Communicate with Stores Manager and reserve critical parts and materials required and follow up orders of the parts used
- Reserve required outside services such as contracted routine maintenance contractors, calibration of safety and operation critical plant and equipment, calibration of maintenance tools, insurance inspections, training certifications etc
- Organise and follow up the off-site repair of equipment by third party contractors/suppliers
- Provide a weekly list of approved and planned maintenance work to be executed the following week
- Prepare monthly PM and CM reports
- Review equipment history on approved corrective work orders. Identify situations with repeat failures. Identify problem situations for resolution
- Close planned work orders. Review actual work effort required, work duration, and parts and materials used. Review comments provided by those involved in work. Revise work plans as needed to improve effectiveness of future work.
- Prepare risk assessments.
- Create and keep a log of task specific risk assessments and issue them with the job plans where applicable, ensure risk assessments are briefed to the team regularly. Ensure CAW safety standards are maintained whilst maintenance works is being executed by monitoring works onsite.
- Scope work for third party contractors, communicate and manage the work, review RAMS, issue permits and perform site inspections and prepare progress reports
- Keep track of maintenance KPIs, and report to management.
- Keep site Safety File up to date by entering routine calibrations, certifications and inspections
- Assist and follow up closure of near misses items that require maintenance input.
- Follow up and organise insurance inspections
As an Assistant Maintenance Engineer, ideally you will have;
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including MS Project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to define tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page - 01 526 7473
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)