Back to jobs
- Posted 17 February 2023
- Salary £28000 - £33000 per annum + bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameChris Quinn
Vickerstock are working in partnership with an industry leading design & manufacturing firm in the Dungannon area on the appointment of an experienced Buyer.
With an exciting roadmap ahead for new products, services, production capacity and business expansion, this is a great time to join the firm on it's journey.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary: Up to £33,000
- Annual bonus
- Private healthcare
- Personal development & career progression
- Perks @ work - offering you a wide range of discounts and offers on restaurants, cafes, hotels, gyms, retailers, day excursions, supporting our local businesses and communities.
In your new role
- Schedule flow of Production parts to meet daily Production demand
- Interpret and implement Sales and Operational Plans
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers, developing and maintaining successful supplier relationships
- Release of orders to the supplier network based on current demand
- Provide supplier forecasts based on latest S&OP information
- Continuously improve forecasting techniques for long lead items, optional parts and kanban supply
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reports - identify business risks and opportunities
- Push for improved Supplier performance and challenge to reduce supplier lead times
- Provide analysis and suggest actions on current stock holding in relation to existing E&O reports
- Work with suppliers to help them support our Production/Quality expectations with view to cost reduction opportunities
- Manage supplier Engineering Change pricing, scheduling and implementation
- Maintain accurate supplier pricing
- Issue and Management of Tenders, Resourcing and Cost Saving Projects
- Support Production and attend morning lineside meeting as part of Manufacturing Area Teams
- Administration tasks associated with job role.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the Purchasing Manager
What you will need to succeed:
- 2 years experience in a similar role / busy office environment
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Standard or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft packages & MRP systems
For a confidential conversation on the role, get in touch with Chris our Supply Chain specialist on 028 9031 3720 or to hear what other opportunities Vickerstock have to offer please visit www.vickerstock.com/jobs