Vickerstock are working in partnership with an industry leading design & manufacturing firm based in Dundalk on the appointment on an experienced Buyer/Planner
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will ensure the procurement of materials meets manufacturing schedules and deadlines. You should be used to a very high level of spend and purchasing components on a large scale across multiple suppliers.
In your new role:
- Working closely with other procurement team members and our engineering department to procure and source components
- Raising orders and keeping track of existing orders progress
- Negotiating pricing and credit terms, and managing any shortages of materials
- Building long-term relationships with suppliers to improve cost, quality and supply of parts and materials
- Working to a tight production schedule to ensure components arrive on time
- Sourcing new components and evaluating new suppliers
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a buying/planning role (ideally within a manufacturing background)
- Proficiency in Word and Excel (essential)
- Third level degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 2 years) in Procurement/Supply Chain Management.
What's in it for you:
- Starting salary of up to €50,000 (depending on experience)
- Personal development and career progression
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and would like a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you. Give Chris our Supply Chain specialist a call on 028 9031 3720.