Estimator | Toomebridge
Vickerstock are working with an evolving well-known contractor based in Co. Antrim to assist on the development of their commercial team. Our client has scaled up on their project portfolio over the past 2 years, their success has been demonstrated in their ability to deliver on large scale projects such as major Stadia concepts and reinforced concrete units for Rail and Water contracts. These opportunities have come from consistent growth and an increase in project development.
Your new role as a Estimator
In your new role, you will be reporting to the Commercial Manager, assisting the Commercial team to produce winning Tenders, cost projections, risk analysis and overseeing contract management from Tender stage to completion. With the client and companies' interest in mind you will be responsible for ensuring efficient project delivery through diligent and resourceful forward thinking to enhance profits and ensure successful, efficient project delivery.
What you will need to succeed as a Estimator
- 3+ years' experience within a Civils or build background
- Ability to organise and liaise with both clients and sub-contractors effectively
- HND in in a construction subject, or extensive experience in the industry
- A good understanding of construction drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Desirable Criteria- (Don't worry if you don't have these skills just yet)
- BSc Degree qualified (in a subject within construction)
- Previous experience working on Rail or Water projects
- Experience in the progress of contracts from tender stage through to completion
What's in it for you?
If successful, you will have the opportunity to work with a company who invests in its people with ongoing training and pathways to senior/ managerial roles. You will have the chance to be part of a team that produces a portfolio of high-end, large-scale projects and are on a continued journey of growth. You will join a well-established team with 30 years' experience as well as the opportunity to further your career. A generous basic salary is on offer as well as an attractive remuneration package.
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the commercial construction sector contact Nicole Barr at Vickerstock recruitment.