General Manager (Food) | Armagh | circa £60k
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with a growing Food Manufacturing business based in Armagh with the appointment of an General Manager.
This is an exciting time for this business, with excellent growth potential and pretty much a blank canvass to work from/put your stamp on.
What we have to offer
- Salary circa £60k DOE
Your day to day as General Manager
The General Manager is accountable for leading their area of responsibility to achieve the performance of the factory ensuring operational excellence. To ensure Company and site KPI's are met, high technical standards are maintained and to achieve quality standards through the development of people, processes and systems.
- Maintain Customer Service Levels through attainment to plan
- Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
Health & Safety
- Implement and manage Company Health and Safety Policy, Company Safety Rules and Statutory requirements applying to all operations under your control.
- Drive best in class standards in all people matters within unit of responsibility.
- Develop a culture where employee engagement and communication are promoted and actively delivered.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the HR Department on all people related matters with full communication and consultation.
- Lead business values by example.
Production Performance and KPI's
- Deliver improved production efficiencies: namely output, quality, yield, labour utilisation, packaging and utilities and ensure factory variances are achieved within the specific unit.
- Lead and drive quality culture across operations
- Full accountability for technical KPIs ensuring that the company quality and technical standards are maintained while meeting the customer expectations
Your Essential ingredients:
- Proven management and leadership experience within a manufacturing environment preferably Food.
- Experience working to technical standards and targets with ability to demonstrate understanding and accountability.
- Proven people management experience i.e. managing a team through effective use of performance reviews, coaching, training and disciplinary procedures as required.
- Previous leadership experience engaging and developing people.
- Proven track record of achievement in financial improvements within area of responsibility.
- Computer literate including MS Package.
- CI skills and techniques.
- Previous experience working to Food Standard and Product Quality Index.
- HACCP experience and or qualification.
- 3rd level education.
- H&S qualification.
- Leadership Qualification / certified training
What to do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.