Health & safety Specialist
Based in Dublin
Excellent Remuneration & Benefits package
Vickerstock are delighted to be assisting our client in the sourcing of an EHS Specialist / Lead for their Aviation project in Ireland.
Working in an integrated team with the client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Plan of circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
- Support the development and implementation of an ES&H management system. This will include KPI's, dashboards, procedures and reporting systems that will align with the Client's requirements and legislation.
- Develop and deliver ES&H inductions to staff and sub-contractors.
- Conduct site audits, site inspections, task inspections and environmental audits.
- Review PSDP, PSCS project documentation - Preliminary plans, Construction stage plans, Emergency plans, Risk Assessment Method Statements, Temporary Works and Lift Plans.
- Assist with implementing and maintenance of ISO standards.
- Enforce a preventative approach to ES&H, reviewing and amending control measures.
- Ensure that records of statutory inspections are kept.
- Manage the Client's Permission to Work (P2W) system, review all submitted documents before permission to work is granted.
- Review relevant information in safety files for handover.
- Oversee incident investigations to ensure lessons-learned are implemented.
- Keep the programme updated on any proposed change in legislation and advise of the implications.
- Ensure the ES&H management systems remain fit for purpose and are continuously improved.
Basic & Preferred Experience
- Proven' experience in ES&H across major infrastructure projects, preferably in the infrastructure industry.
- Experience of utilising and understanding ES&H Management Systems,
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 and industry international safety standards.
- Knowledge of forms of contract and specifications would be advantageous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to manage meetings
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project Primervera
- Health & Safety diploma or degree essential
- Safepass certification
- Basic fire, asbestos and confined space safety awareness preferred.
To apply for the EHS Specialist / Lead position, please click 'apply' below and send your CV for consideration, or you can call Jamie to discuss in confidence.