- Posted 26 August 2022
- Salary €80000.00 - €95000 per annum + Bonus, Private Healthcare, Pension
- Discipline Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contact NameHugh Nugent
Logistics and Materials Control Manager (Dundalk €80-95K)
Logistics and Materials Control Manager
Location: Dundalk, County Louth Based with very occasional international business travel
Full time permanent role
8.30-5pm Mon to Thurs and 4pm finish on Fri - Flexitime available on this
- €80,000-€95,000 depending on experience
- Plus Bonus
- Plus Private Healthcare
- Plus life assurance
- Plus 5% company pension contribution
- Plus flexitime
- Due to the nature of this role, it is site based most of the time, however occasional work from home is also available
Our client is a larger, ambitious, evolving and expanding engineering company who is part of a larger international group with sites and staff right across the world. They are very dynamic and leading in their approach to manufacture, they quickly analyse and then embrace new technologies and systems. They design, test and manufacture heavy complicated engineering products and supply to a volume of top international companies. They offer excellent job stability and career potential for the right candidate - We have previously placed people within this company who have excelled and moved up quite quickly - They may be a large firm, but they also are quick to spot a good work ethic and talent.
The purpose of the position is to provide results-driven leadership to team members (Value Stream Leaders, Inventory Control Manager & Material Planners) in all Materials/Logistics processes. This is a key senior leadership position within the Multi Assembly Unit (MAU). This role is also responsible for securing material availability to the assembly lines with lowest possible total cost using best practice solutions like VMI, Kanban, Sequence deliveries, etc. The role is reporting directly to the Operations Director and the total span of control for this position is approximately 60 staff.
Main tasks and responsibilities of the Logistic and Materials Control Manager:
- Coordination of on-time supplier deliveries in accordance with the value stream's production schedule
- Act as the coordinator between the MAU and key suppliers to provide material requirements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in alignment with the Sourcing Department
- Coordination of tasks among Warehouse, Logistics, Inventory and Planning teams (Over these 3 departments)
- Support the value stream with planning resources to meet shipping dates according to customer orders
- Develop and implement new technology to create a factory of the future for warehouse logistics and material planning
- Creation and implementation of the MAU inventory policy to deliver the MAU forecast with the minimum working capital
- Creation and implementation of cycle counting and stock taking policies within the MAU
- Own the 6S and KAIZEN programs within the warehouse, logistics and material planning.
What you'll need to succeed within this Logistic and Materials Control Manager position:
- Degree qualified - preferably in a relevant Logistic/Material Planning discipline
- A minimum of 5 years as a Materials/Logistics Manager capacity (A sustained leadership role over logistics, warehousing, stocks, materially planning managers) in a leading engineering / manufacturing type of business - such as automotive etc (Ideally an established international business) - Those coming from purist transport/logistics firms without the engineering / manufacturing industry experience will not be considered in this occasion.
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of Factory of the future supply chain management methods and tools (Lean, Visual Management, 6S, Kanban, 3PL, VMO, consignment stock, etc.)
- Working knowledge of S&OP & capacity management
- Knowledge of smart warehousing principles
- Excellent time management, people management, communication and problem-solving skills
- APCIS, CPIM or IIPM Diploma is advantageous
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page, or get in touch with Hugh Nugent to discuss in absolute confidence
Hugh has 11+ years' experience specifically in Engineering / Manufacturing Recruitment and specialises across Senior Executive Placements, Design/Development and Quality Engineering roles throughout Ireland.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSIT
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Co Down, Newry, Co Armagh, Dundalk, County Louth, Drogheda, Monaghan, Navan, Kells, Kingscourt, Carrickmacross areas.