Due to growth, our client, a plastics manufacturing company are recruiting for a Master Production Planner to join their fast growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Building Products Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall planning of production within the Building Products Division. You will ensure that goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner whilst overseeing the smooth and cost-efficient flow of production operations.
Key responsibilities of Master Production Planner:
- Integrate forecast from Sales & Business Development into the master production schedule.
- Create a supply plan monitoring the factory capacity, inventory and customer requirements.
- Produce the master production schedule to control production and external supply chain.
- Co-ordinate production workflow for multiple products.
- Prepare and process purchase orders (PO's) for raw materials.
- Plan and manage material replenishment to ensure 100% on-time in full (OTIF) delivery of customer orders.
- Plan and prioritise operations to optimise performance to ensure high customer service levels.
- Manage plant loading / capacity in relation to resource availability - machines and personnel.
- Assist the Production Manager and colleagues to achieve high motivation and productivity through consistent and positive leadership.
- Liaise directly with Team Leaders to assign operators to particular production operations.
- Schedule shift according to production needs.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within forecast.
- Present detailed production plans.
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption.
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives.
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports.
- Keep paperwork organised.
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a proven track record working as a production planner.
- Have a degree in a related subject (ideally supply chain / project management / business management).
- Have good knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, inventory control, materials requirements planning and quality control principles.
- Have at least 1 years' experience of leading a team, including shift and performance management.
- Have solid experience in MRP (manufacturing resource planning).
For more information on this role or to hear about any other roles and opportunities we have, get in touch with Chris Quinn or apply via the link on the page.
master production planner / master production planner roles / master production planner vacancies / master production planner positions / master production planner opprtunities