Life assurance, healthshield scheme, free car parking
30 days holiday
Mon - Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-3pm
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a specialist in the design, supply and install of a wide range of prefabricated solutions on the appointment of a Purchasing Manager.
This dynamic and fast-growing company pride itself in the personal development of staff helping everyone reach maximum potential. With lots of social events taking place throughout the year as well as a state of the art, modern, open planned, office space built in 2021, this is a truly fantastic place to work.
In your new role:
- Reporting directly to the head of procurement, you will manage a small team of three made up of commercial and junior buyers
- You will work closely with the procurement team and accounts departments, to ensure the smooth transition of all purchase orders from initial request for goods through to ordering and final stages of invoicing
- Manage a high workload of purchasing requirements
- Source materials using a wide range of vendors
- Coordinate and evaluate the workload for the purchasing team and aid with any day-today issues where necessary
- Ensure there is consistency of service from the team for all internal and external stakeholders
- Determine the best source of supply for all products / services needed by the company, based on quality, price, delivery time, and other criteria
- Develop and maintain systems to manage internal material tracking to ensure all materials are delivered within the agreed timeframe for the project programme.
- Develop and implement robust procedures and controls to increase efficiency and improve department performance
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best possible terms while maintaining good working relationships.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
What you will need to succeed:
- 2 years' experience in a senior purchasing role
- Previous experience within a mechanical / electrical / construction environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
It would be good if you have this, but don't worry if you don't:
- Qualification in Supply Chain/Procurement discipline
- Management of large material ordering including drawing off as required.
- Previous experience of using the Viewpoint for Projects (4P)
For a confidential conversation on the role, contact Chris our supply chain specialist on 028 9031 3720 or to see what other opportunities Vickerstock have to offer please visit www.vickerstock.com