Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with a leading-edge and AA certified food manufacturing business with an unwavering commitment to quality, service and innovation, with the appointment of a Quality Assurance Supervisor for the Dungannon based facility.
Working as part of a busy small quality team, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will be mainly factory-based assisting with the daily management of the Quality Assurance function.
What we have to offer:
- Progressive business with expansion plans
- Holiday entitlement
- Free parking
- Hours of work - typically 9 am to 5pm Monday to Friday (some Sunday work may be required).
Your new role as Quality Assurance Supervisor:
- Deputise for the Head of Technical in their absence.
- Participate in both internal and external audits, aiding in their preparation and close out actions.
- Investigation of customer complaints and implementing agreed preventative actions.
- Compiling reports for both customer and management to a high standard.
- Supervise the QA team, providing holiday cover when required.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality issues and corrective action implementation.
- Assist in managing factory standards through scheduled audits.
- Drive continuous improvement through effective root cause analysis and effective remedial actions.
- Provide on-the-job training to all staff, including competency assessment.
- HACCP team member.
- Ensure each product fully meets all the customers specification.
- Participate In NPD product launches and the development of production records as required.
- Become involved in Quality improvement projects.
- Organise calibrations and deal with Pest Control Contractors.
- Reviewing and actioning when appropriate laboratory test results.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum HND or equivalent in Food Science / Food Technology.
- At least 3 years previous quality assurance experience.
- Ideally HACCP Level 3 and Food Safety Level 3.
- Internal Auditing Qualification.
- Experience of working with Technical Systems and Standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills together with a 'can do' attitude.
- Good attention to detail and be able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- IT/Microsoft Office proficient
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.