Vickerstock are delighted to be once again partnering with our Food Manufacturing client whose aim is to create food ranges that brings bespoke experience and deliver exquisite artisan bakery and food to go products to their customers with the appointment of Quality Controller based onsite in Newry.
As Quality Controller you will report to Quality Manager and echo the quality, legality and authenticity of the companies values in order to achieve extraordinary results.
The benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Discounted on company products
- Free On-Site Parking
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Staff Events
- Staff Learning and Development Opportunities
What your typical day as Quality Controller will look like:
- To conduct your duties in a manner that safeguards your own safety and the safety of others.
- Making sure that everything you do complies with company procedures for Health & Safety and Hygiene.
- Approving materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approving in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approving finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Completing paperwork and records of checks carried out.
- Keeping measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and highlighting the need for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations.
- Supporting the production team and ensuring the prevention of use of sub-standard ingredients and the prevent of poor quality or potentially unsafe product leaving site.
- Reporting issues to the quality manager/ supervisor that may result in compromised food safety or quality.
- To carry out any other reasonable working instruction given by the quality manager.
Your essential ingredients:
- Previous Experience working in Quality/Food or similar environment
- Good level of Reading required
- Able to work as part of a Team with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude, to hours and days of work on a scheduled Rota
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.