Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a food packaging manufacturer on the appointment of Quality Inspector (Goods In) based in Belfast. They aim to provide safe and responsible packaging, supply, inventory and logistics management for some of the world's largest brand owners.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful Quality Inspector will develop and manage a process for measuring and monitoring the quality of incoming raw materials, gathering information during processing, and feeding this back to suppliers when required.
The benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary - £25,290
- Attractive Holiday entitlement
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Health & Wellbeing benefits
- Free Car Parking
What your typical day as Quality Inspector (Goods In) will look like:
- Management of the complaints and claims process and liaising with the supply chain to ensure credits are received.
- Continuous improvement of the quality of incoming raw materials and compliance with specifications
- Management of the raw material sampling schedule to ensure incoming raw materials are sampled at a frequency based on risk assessment.
- Sampling incoming raw materials, logging of results, trending, and feedback to suppliers on their performance
- Gathering data during production to raise complaints and feedback to suppliers where necessary.
- Tracking complaints and claims to ensure all costs are recovered.
- Contribute to the supplier approval process.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English & Maths at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent Communicator (written and verbal)
- Good Computer literacy
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Disciplined approach to work demonstrating independence, reliability, and ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to travel between Belfast and Antrim sites.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!):
- Experience in a food or packaging manufacturing environment.
- Experience with supplier approval/monitoring
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.