Senior Quantity Surveyor | Culham
Vickerstock Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the UK's Tier 1 contractors to recruit for the position of Senior Quantity Surveyor. With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK, this local success story is now one of the UK's largest contractors and continues to grow. This particular role will be based in Culham, working on projects across England. This role is ideal for someone who would like to progress their career further.
Your new role as Senior Quantity Surveyor
In this role, you are responsible for leading all commercial aspects of the project. You will provide commercial support and advise to your team, aiding decision making, maintaining commercial information, and ensuring compliance with the agreed contractual requirements. As Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will monitor contract progress, control costs within budget, prepare and agree necessary claims for reimbursements and loss of expense and you will liaise with customers and third parties on commercial matters. You are responsible for work carried out by yourself and your team, you must plan, allocate and evaluate this effectively. You will assist in managing the commercial team and supervising and mentoring the fellow quantity surveyors.
What you will need to succeed as Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Experience working at Senior Quantity Surveyor or Project Quantity Surveyor level;
- Good knowledge of construction contracts, particularly JCT and NEC 3/4 Forms of Contract;
- A relevant degree or equivalent;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good numerical, IT and problem-solving skills;
- You will be required to travel to site frequently for this project
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave which increases after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary
- 6% employer contribution pension
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to progress further in your career through excellent training and development
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE BROWSE OUR WEBSITE