At Vickerstock Recruitment, we are pleased to be working with one of Northern Ireland's leading main contractors to recruit for the position of Site Manger (Building Services). With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex, major value projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK, this local success story is now one of the largest contractors in the UK and continues to grow from strength to strength. This particular role is based in Scotland. The first project you will be working on is located in St Andrews, working on a major project valued at over £33 million.
Your new role as Site Manager (Building Services)
As Site Manager, you will become a valued member of an impressive construction team. In this role, you must understand the building contract and the key project stakeholders. You will liaise with the leading Building Services Manager, Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor on works not deemed to be included in the scope of works for the project. It is your responsibility to complete material and equipment orders, liaising with the QS. You will also be responsible for ensuring sub-contractors are correctly assessed for their role and ensure they compile and issue inspection and test plans. You will also be required to undertake the role of temporary works coordinator whenever necessary.
What you will need to succeed as Site Manager (it is great if you have these but don't worry if you don't)
- Good working experience in refurbishment and/or new build in commercial, retail, healthcare, or education
- Qualification in mechanical or electrical trade
- CSCS/SMSTS qualified
- Knowledge of BG6 and RIBA stages
- Working knowledge of BIM
- Experience working in a similar role on similar sized projects
- Valid UK driving licence
What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave which increases after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary
- 6% employer contribution pension
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to progress further in your career
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE