Vickerstock Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the UK's leading Tier 1 contractors to recruit for the position of Site Manger. With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK, this local success story is now one of the largest main contractors in the UK and continues to go from strength to strength. This particular role is based in Scotland. The first project you will work on is located in St Andrews, working on a major £33 million project.
Your new role as Site Manager
As Site Manager, you will become a valued member of the construction team. You will demonstrate success in safe delivery of high-quality medium to large scale projects to budget and programme. In terms of commercial works, you must understand the type of building contract and key project stakeholders (client, client representatives, design team, etc). You must have the ability to take material and equipment orders, issue permits for various work activities and close out accordingly. You must have experience handling the operational works of a project, including making permit applications for road openings, locations of skips and welfare facilities. Also, the ability to make application to utility companies for temporary building water, drainage discharge and electricity connections to welfare. In terms of Health and Safety, you will undertake the role of temporary works coordinator where applicable, ensuring labour only sub-contractors have been properly assessed for the tasks they are undertaking, and that method statements and risk assessments are in place for them.
What you will need to succeed as Site Manager (it is great if you have these but don't worry if you don't)
- Good working experience in refurbishment and/or new build in commercial, retail, healthcare, or education
- Relevant degree/ professional qualification
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience of temporary works procedures
- Experience using modern IT systems
- CSCS/CSR card
- SMSTS qualified
- Certification in First Aid at work
What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave which increases after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary
- 6% employer contribution pension
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to progress further in your career
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE