Vickerstock are proud to be working with a UK Tier 1 contractor to recruit for the position of Submissions Technical Manager. With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex, high value projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK and Ireland, this Northern Irish success story is now one of the UK's largest main contractors and continues to grow from strength to strength. This particular role is based in Belfast; however, you may be required to work on projects throughout Northern Ireland. As a member of the pre-construction department, you will undertake a wide range of projects ranging from £5 million to £150 million.
Your new role as Submissions Technical Manager
In this role, you will be working with the pre-construction team in preparation of the overall bid, and development and management of the bid winning strategy. As Submissions Technical Manager, you will prepare responses to tender questions focusing on the development and presentation of technical construction methodologies, programme, and construction sequences. You will liaise with internal and external parties to develop methodologies and quality submission responses.
What you will need to succeed as Submissions Technical Manager (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if not)
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering, Construction or Design role
- Main contractor or consultancy technical background (civil engineering, design, or construction bias)
- A construction or engineering related degree
- Understanding of construction techniques and risk mitigations within a Civil Engineering background
- Experience in marine, rail, bridge, road, and flood alleviation projects
- Working ability to use CAD
- Experience of the bid process
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 33 days Annual Leave - increasing after 5-years
- Life assurance - 4 x salary
- Pension - 6% employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE BROWSE OUR WEBSITE