Based in Dublin
Excellent Salary, Package & Benefits on offer
The successful candidate will be part of the Global Sustainability Group, based out of Dublin.
An exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Leader to get involved in the early stages of building out a Consultancy team in Ireland and help further strengthen technical capabilities in Europe whilst working on landmark projects.
The role will cover various sectors including, but not limited to Commercial, Residential, Hotels, Retail, Mixed Use developments, Life Sciences and Mission Critical.
This role will make a difference to our business and team in the following ways:
- Provide leadership and sustainability subject matter expertise across Ireland and Europe; and support the Global Sustainability Group
- Collaborate with region office executives and market sector leaders to enhance our market reputation and support our growth ambitions
- Drive growth in our sustainability & ESG offerings across our Ireland operations, targeting European coverage, and work in partnership with adjacent companies
- Actively participate as a member of the sustainability leadership team, with other regional leads and technical specialists; to drive group strategy, manage people and wellbeing initiatives; and deliver financial performance in line with business KPIs.
- This role is that of a senior leader who is required to apply both consulting expertise and technical knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for building on sustainability presence in the local Dublin market and recruiting/managing a team of local reports. Winning new work, leading projects and leadership and coaching of direct reports
- Building knowledge and capability as part of the Global Sustainability leadership group. You will work closely with peers across our business regions to implement the group strategy and plans for growth.
To be successful in this role you will be expected to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and effect change
- Substantial initiative and high-level judgement and to work independently and in a team to meet objectives
- Political astuteness with team members and Clients
- Well-developed problem-solving skills & Ability to train and mentor sustainability staff
- Current knowledge of best practice in sustainable design, particularly with respect to the built environment
- Minimum 8 years' experience delivering sustainability consulting services for a national or global engineering organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with staff and clients at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical staff across multiple disciplines
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills with a wide-reaching stakeholder group, and capable of providing high level analysis and reporting.
- A relevant tertiary qualification combined with equivalent training and experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of a management role gained through previous experience, training and/or education
- Hold chartered status/membership or equivalent with an appropriate industry professional body
- Well-developed understanding of relevant Irish Standards
- Well-developed understanding of Project Stages and Delivery methods (e.g. full design, design and construct)
- LEED Accredited Professional (required)
- BREEAM Accredited Professional (beneficial)
- NABERS UK Accredited Assessor (beneficial)
- WELL Accredited Professional (desirable).
If you have an interest in the Sustainability Lead role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie to discuss in confidence.