- Posted 21 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with an innovative and diverse Food Production Client on the appointment of Technical Assistant on their site in Armagh. They are passionate about quality and are committed to supplying premium products that are fresh and locally sourced.
As the successful Technical Assistant, you will support the Technical Manager in all aspects of food safety and food legality to ensure strict and continued compliance to BRC standards and established customer standards.
What your typical day will look like as Technical Assistant:
- Assist in the implementation of the HACCP programme
- Assist in the validation, implementation and adherence of new processes and procedures
- Ensure that policies, processes, and procedures are maintained, current and are being followed.
- Complete Technical activities and duties in full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as required
- Assist with best practice advice and solutions to maintain hygiene and house-keeping standards
- Identify and report factory floor non conformances
- Participate in root cause analysis in relation to customer complaints, non-conforming materials and operational non conformances
- Prepare and present reports that reflect the results of audit work and clearly set out the key findings and actions/recommendations to the Technical Manager
- Participate in audits conducted by external auditors, in line with the business need
- Contribute to activities that champion continuous improvement and innovation
- Assist the quality function to drive improvements in quality awareness and help with the implementation of quality improvement projects
- Assist with specifications, supplier and raw material management
- Assist with training of on-site staff in established procedures to ensure compliance
- Maintain paperwork as required in an accurate and timely manner
What you will need to secure your new role:
- Internal auditor qualification
- HACCP level 3 trained (minimum)
- Experience in BRC Food Standard
- Experience in retail standards / requirements such as Tesco, Aldi, Lidl
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English, with great communication skills.
- Ability to write and maintain documentation.
- Proactive, self-motivated with good time management.
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.