- Posted 03 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Technical Manager (Food) | Dromore
Working closely with our Food Manufacturing Client a producer of high quality artisan products, we are currently recruiting a Technical Manager to join our clients growing team in their Co. Down facility. The Technical Manager will maintain, develop, and review the food safety management, quality systems, compliance and food safety culture on site.
What we have to offer:
- Salary £35-40k
- Monday to Friday working week
- Part of Senior Management Team
Your day to day as the successful Technical Manager
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the site ensuring the factory and its operation consistently meet customer & legal expectations in relation to Food Safety, Integrity, Product Quality.
- Maintain develop and review the Quality Management system to ensure compliance with all industry standards and legal requirements
- Carry out root cause investigation into internal and external non-conformances.
- Manage and create new factory documentation, procedures, and policies in line with BRC and customer requirements.
- Lead the HACCP team and have ultimate accountability for implementing and maintaining HACCP.
- Manage and conduct the internal audit program and ensure its maintenance.
- Host and conduct customer and other compliance audits (planned and unannounced) and take a lead role in external accreditation audits
- Ensure that all products comply with the required standards of food safety, legality, and product quality.
- Deliver all KPI targets and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure all product is manufactured to consistently high standards and to agreed customer specifications.
- Responsible for the company's Food Quality Manual and its procedures.
- Ensure the factory works towards and maintains high technical audit standards: BRC Grade A+ and all customer annual audits.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with regulatory bodies and our customers technical teams.
- Management and development of the technical team.
- Responsible for ensuring product specifications are in place and are accurate and agreed by customers and communicated to the operations team.
- Responsible for managing the technical requirements of new product launch/development and innovation processes.
Your essential ingredients to succeed as a Technical Manager
- Strong food industry quality/technical management track record.
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a Food Science, Food Technology, or related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of BRC standard, HACCP, food safety and retailer standards.
- Experience creating factory documentation/standards.
- HACCP qualification to intermediate level.
- Lead auditing experience
- Excellent communication skull both written & oral
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in a busy fast paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
What we hope you will do next
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.