Assistant Buyer | Belfast | £26-28k depending on experience
Vickerstock are proud to be working exclusively with a relatively small yet thriving business renowned for its company culture and outstanding customer service with the appointment of an Assistant Buyer for their Belfast based facility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an energetic and effective team who are essential in aiding the Group in achieving its strategic vision. The successful applicant will have a keen eye for detail, a strong working knowledge of Excel and a passion to continuously improve the procurement function.
(This role may also be suitable for a Junior Buyer or a Purchasing Assistant/Administrator seeking a 'step up' in their career in terms of challenge within a progressive business).
What we have to offer:
- Salary £26-28k depending on experience
- Performance related bonus
- No weekend work:- Monday to Thursday, 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-3.30pm
- 31 days leave (inclusive of stats)
- Private medical (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Health Cash Plan (upon successful completion of probationary period). This also comes with a "benefits" platform where there are different discounts available to help with everyday costs, e.g. M&S, ASDA, Currys, etc.
- Death in Service benefit
- Free parking on site
Your new role as an Assistant Buyer:
Supporting the Group Procurement Manager, you will assist across the procurement operations function. Key responsibilities will involve order placement and management, involvement with key suppliers and responsibility for EU and UK shipments.
Typical duties include:
What you will need to succeed as an Assistant Buyer with our progressive Client:
- 5 or more GCSE's (or equivalent) in Mathematics & English
- 1 or more A-Level (or equivalent)
- 2+ years' experience within a procurement function including use of ERP/MRP software
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Buying/Procurement experience (within Aerospace, M&E or Construction sector is desirable)
(This role may also be suitable for a Purchasing Assistant/ Administrator seeking a 'step up' in their career in terms of challenge within a progressive business).
What we hope you do next:
Please contact Paul to discuss this Assistant Buyer opportunity in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE