- Posted 18 November 2022
- Salary €40000 - €45000 per annum
- Discipline Food Manufacturing / FMCG
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are delighted to be once again partnering with an innovative and progressive Food Manufacturing client based in Monaghan in the appointment of Assistant Production Manager. Our client is known for their award-winning recipes and with success at its peak, investment in their facilities and their people is imminent.
As the successful Assistant Production Manager, you will support the production manager and manage the Team Leader group to ensure the smooth and efficient running of production lines through competent and effective leadership of a team and achieving the delivery of the operational targets for the department.
What we have to offer you:
- €40-45k DOE
- Day Shift hours
- 20 days holiday plus 10 stats
- Free onsite parking
What your typical day as Assistant Production Manager will look like:
- Providing the Supervisory team / Team Leader group with a clear sense of purpose within their roles, coaching and delivering feedback as required on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the supervisory team and all aspects of the employee lifecycle to include recruitment, training, learning & development, performance management, Dignity at Work, reward and recognition, attendance management and disciplinary processes.
- Adherence to, and development of, key process indicators to monitor performance, and a system of record for ongoing use and communication.
- Promoting a pro-active attitude to removing roadblocks and creating a continuous improvement environment from which the team can strive for excellence.
- Ensuring adherence to procedures and practices and maintain compliance with applicable departmental and industry standards such as BRC, Bord Bia along with other external customer standards and Health & Safety.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for the team and working collaboratively with H&S department to achieve same.
- Establishing a learning and development plan for the team to increase their capability to meet goals and objectives.
- Take ownership of audits within operations, support and coach the supervisory team / Team Leader group in the delivery of audit results, seek feedback and drive continuous improvement activities.
Your essential ingredients:
- 3 to 5 years' experience in FMCG at a Supervisory level
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) OR Significant practical experience in similar role
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply Lean / Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make structured decisions on a routine basis.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have this but don't worry if you don't):
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of BRC, and other industry standards highly preferred.
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.