Vickerstock are supporting our industry leading client in the recruitment of a Building Surveyor & Project Engineer for an immediate start working in the aviation sector located in Belfast, County Antrim.
Our client's global teams are committed to sustainability and providing safe and healthy spaces where people live, work, and travel, by delivering exceptional multi-sector facility solutions. Including technology and data, manufacturing and life sciences.
With regional operations based in Dublin, Belfast, and Cork, the business serves over 20,000 clients throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, and other international locations.
What you will receive
In addition to a healthy remuneration, employment benefits include:
- Performance bonus
- Career progression
- On-Going Training & Professional Development
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- In-office canteen
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Monday to Friday
Your new role
With a background in building, civil engineering, facilities management or architectural design, you will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination, financial management and delivery of building/civil works on multi-site manufacturing and engineering facilities.
This will include preparation of design drawings, specifications, and schedule of works, ensuring designs are in accordance with all statutory regulations, codes of practice and CDM regulations where applicable.
Other responsibilities may cover:
- Collecting survey data and translate this directly to AutoCAD drawings.
- Co-ordinate detail designs ensuring compatibility with other design disciplines i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Structural.
- Preparation of tender documents.
- Preparing detailed work programmes and ensuring work is completed on time, to the specified standard and within budget.
- Attend site meetings, and take site minutes.
- Carry out building condition surveys on various buildings and infrastructure and compile reports.
- Maintenance of site risk registers and analyse Risk assessments and Method Statements for the various elements of a project/planned works and make recommendations where required.
What you will need to succeed
Qualifications & skills:
- HNC/HND level qualification in Architectural/building Surveying discipline.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or Professional/Technical Qualifications in relevant disciplines is beneficial but not essential.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- I.T literate with full Microsoft package.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Good Communication skills.
Experience & knowledge:
- 3 or more years' experience post qualification within a building/civil engineering/facilities management/architectural design environment.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of design and construction, relating to the structure and fabric of buildings and their associated infrastructure, as well as the methods/techniques used in the formation of the various elements.
- Awareness of new and emerging modern building design concepts, technology developments and relevant legislation.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment on or 02890 313 720