Vickerstock are working in partnership with a market leading design & manufacturing firm based in Portadown on the appointment of an experienced Buyer.
Reporting directly to the Divisional Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships, improving controls, processes as well as playing a key role in leading and supporting cost saving initiatives across the business.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £35,000
- 5% annual bonus (performance related)
- Personal development & career progression
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Referral bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Numerous discount schemes
In your new role:
- Manage and develop existing suppliers negotiating best price, lead time and analysing performance
- Responsible for sourcing and introduction of new components and suppliers in line with company procedures
- Identify and deliver year on year cost saving opportunities
- Frequently liaise with the Operations Department to ensure optimum quality, prices and delivery for materials
- Represent the procurement team on cross functional project teams
- Deliver an optimal supply chain that provides product to the business at the required level of quality, price and terms
- Work closely with all other buyers to capitalise on shared learnings
- Lead and carry out RFQs/Tenders to support supplier rationalisation, NPI and new second sourcing strategies
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 4 years procurement experience within a manufacturing environment
- Highly proficient in the use of MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in leading and carrying out tenders/ RFQs
Desirable (It would be great if you have this but don't worry if you don't):
- CIPS qualified
- Experience of project management
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, get in touch with Chris Quinn our Supply Chain specialist today.