Building Surveyor | Consultancy
Vickerstock are pleased to be partnering with an established Construction Consultancy in their search for an experienced Building Surveyor looking to progress their career within a multi-discipline firm.
We are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to develop their career within a Consultancy environment. Working closely with other members of the local team and reporting into the Associate Director, you will be focused on your goals while managing resources as applicable.
As well as technical competence, you will possess the ability to think laterally and demonstrate exemplary communication skills with a strong commercial awareness.
Your New Role as a Building Surveyor
You will be working across a number of projects in different sectors, providing a range of building surveying duties. Your core duties and responsibilities will include:
- Apply standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC, in projects.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Planning and Building Control consent applications.
- Conduct surveys, inspections, schedule creation, and provide professional services, overseeing project management.
- Demonstrate expertise in defect analysis, conducting building surveys, and generating professional reports.
- Proficiency in performing Due Diligence and Planned Maintenance surveys.
- Handle Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and documenting schedules of condition.
- Comprehend the principles of quality, safety, and environmental considerations in project management.
- Run measured surveys, including producing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members while supporting senior leadership in their day-to-day responsibilities.
What you need to succeed
- 6+ years' experience within a Building Surveying role, ideally in the commercial environment.
- Third Level Qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered at the time of starting your new role.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies, through application and interview:
- Proficiency in client management and adept at aligning with their expectations, combined with a keen grasp of profitability, business growth, and a solid understanding of commercial factors.
- Demonstrated technical surveying expertise and a track record of producing technical documents.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Excellent time management and commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum and good AutoCAD skills.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required.
What's in it for you?
If successful, you will receive a competitive salary and join a welcoming team with a flexible approach to working and opportunities for progression.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.