Vickerstock is working exclusively with one of Ireland's leading renewable energy providers, who own and run what will be one of Ireland's largest anaerobic digestion sites. The site is currently under refurbishment with full operational activity commencing end of Q1 2024.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Compliance Manager as their second operational appointment in what is truly an exciting opportunity within the renewable energy sector in Ireland.
This will be their second appointment in which is a unique opportunity in the current market in that it will allow you to build a H&S team from the ground up for one of Irelands leading organisations, you will gain exposure to what is a dynamic and forward-thinking board with a credible demonstrable track record within both renewable energy and waste sectors.
The key duty within this position is to ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements relating to organisations activities. Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems.
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on Environmental & Safety issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
- Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company. This includes EPA and DAFM.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of HACCP plan, DSEAR and other EPA license requirements.
- To promote the development of a positive Compliance culture within the organisation/Facility.
- To provide reports relating to Compliance as necessary to management.
- To support the certification and maintenance of third party sustainability standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISCC Certification.
- To support the business needs of the company through innovative and efficient approaches in achieving Compliance requirements that enhance the continuing development and growth of the company.
- Review and monitor contractor H&S risk assessments.
- Coordination of required monitoring, measurement and calibration tasks.
- Support emergency planning and provision of support role to incidents as they arise and emergency situations.
- Monitor digestate exports are compliant with approved procedures.
- To develop, coordinate, manage and deliver a training program for the companies activities.
- To report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow up actions.
- To carry out audits and inspections as well as facilitate external audits.
- To generate awareness of Compliance matters and seek to resolve issues that arise.
- Third level qualification is required.
- Additional Health & Safety qualification is desirable, however training will be provided.
- At least 1 years' experience within an EPA regulated role is required.
- Previous experience in the Waste Management or Gas sector is desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Salary and benefits
€60k - €65k
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)