Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary - Depending on experience
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a world leading technology company to recruit a Continuous Improvement Engineer for their site in Donegal.
Our client provide class leading assistance to some of the largest names in the industry.
The key purpose of this position is to optimise all production processes and to achieve the best quality and performance standards across all areas using WCM/Lean techniques.
Your key responsibilities as a Continuous Improvement Engineer;
- Identifying and implementing improvements to equipment, processes and methods.
- Problem Solve issues relating to Availability, Yield and Manufacturing efficiencies using WCM/ Lean approach. Deliver innovative and sustainable solutions as countermeasures.
- Promote company Health and Safety, Environmental, and Quality Policies in the performance of the role.
- Play a key role in plant and process layout for new and existing products
Responsible for the maintenance and development of fixtures and tooling for new and existing products and processes
- Producing clear work instructions for new and existing products
- Justification and specification of manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Supporting Management in fostering a culture of lean manufacturing culture by using lean tools, SMED, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping etc.
- Pro-actively lead and contribute to cost reduction continuous improvement initiatives
As a Continuous Improvement Engineer, Ideally you will have;
- Ideally educated to degree level in manufacturing, mechanical or chemical engineering.
- At least 2 years' experience in manufacturing engineering department.
- Lean manufacturing background - understanding of lean tools/techniques such as FMEA's DFM, 5 Whys, value stream mapping or similar
- Excellent people skills to complement your first-class Manufacturing Engineering / Continuous improvement / lean skills
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Lean Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Lean Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)