Ecologist | Dublin
Vickerstock are working alongside a leading, Irish design consultancy to support in the recruitment of an experienced Ecologist to join their established environmental division. Working alongside environmental scientists, planners, engineers and ecologists, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of civil engineering and built environment schemes including rail, roads, bridges, greenway and building structures.
Your new role as an Ecologist
You will get involved in the ecological and biodiversity aspects of plans and projects. Your main focus will include;
- Undertaking field surveys
- Technical reporting including Ecological Impact Assessments
- Overseeing the implementation of mitigation measures and ecological enhancements
- Consultation with stakeholders and prescribed bodies
What you will need to succeed as an Ecologist
- Degree in ecology or related biological / environmental science subject
- A minimum of 2-years' experience working in an ecological / planning consultancy
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Familiarity with relevant Irish and European legislation
- Demonstrable field survey experience
- Experience using GIS systems, while not essential, is highly desirable
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a large, independently owned consultancy that can offer a diverse range of projects across the built environment. A highly competitive salary is on offer along with a range of benefits that includes health and wellbeing packages, an extensive training and CPD programme and flexible / hybrid working.
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the Consultancy, Design & Project Management sector contact Brian Mitchell at Vickerstock Recruitment