Back to jobs
Environmental Officer - Dublin
- Posted 01 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameJamie Harper
Based South Dublin Area
Salary & Package commensurate with experience
Main purpose of role:
To support the day to day management and development of the Environmental Department in a utilities companies. The role will involve all aspects of Environmental Compliance.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
To ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements relating to organisations activities.
Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental Management Systems, including:
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on Environmental issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
- Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company.
- Support the Group Compliance Managers with regard to the development of group objectives.
- Promote the development of a positive Compliance culture within the organisation/Facility.
- Provide reports relating to Compliance as necessary to management.
- Support the business needs of the company through innovative and efficient approaches in achieving Compliance requirements that enhance the continuing development and growth of the company.
- Coordination of required monitoring, measurement and calibration tasks.
- Support emergency planning and provision of support role to incidents as they arise and emergency situations.
- To effectively communicate Compliance requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events.
- Coordinate, manage and deliver Compliance related training, (company requirements, procedures new legal requirements etc.), inductions, staff training etc.
- Report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow up actions.
- Monitor objectives and promote their delivery;
- Carry out audits and inspections.
- Generate awareness of Compliance matters and seek to resolve issues that arise.
- Maintain, audit and communicate requirements for our end of waste status for material.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
- Third level qualification in Environmental Science is required.
- Additional Health & Safety qualification is desirable, however training will be provided
- At least 1 years' experience within an EPA regulated role is required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Full driving licence required.
To apply please click 'apply' below and send your up to date CV for consideration.