Health and Safety Co-ordinator
Location: Outside Dungannon
A fantastic opportunity for personal and career development within Health and Safety. The successful candidate will gain a very sound understanding of how Health and Safety is run, with a well-established, highly reputable company.
What's in it for you?
- Salary up to £30k
- Plus Benefits
Full Time Permanent Position
Job Ref: CS8338
Vickerstock are delighted to partner with a well-established competitor in the manufacturing industry in the appointment of a Health and Safety Co-ordinator. Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you would be a part of a well-established Health and Safety team with a wealth of experience to lean on.
Your Responsibilities as Health and Safety Co-ordinator
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated, and communicated.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Participate in company's Health & Safety Committee meetings and distribute minutes for the meetings.
- Ensure that all agreed action points from company's Health & Safety Committee meetings are completed within deadlines.
- Ensure full and accurate Health & Safety and training records are maintained.
- Conduct a full programme of documented health & safety inspections and checks.
- Complete, review and consultation relating to the COSHH assessment process.
- Design and deliver toolbox talks.
- Ordering and Handling of all PPE Equipment as required by the company's Risk Assessments.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
What you need to succeed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of carrying out Risk Assessments
- Experience of working under ISO Management System environment.
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Belfast, Lisburn, Lurgan, Portadown, Craigavon, Tyrone, Dungannon, Newry areas.