Back to jobs
Health & Safety Manager
- Posted 25 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health and Safety Manager
To further develop, implement, audit and improve the Health & Safety of the company's policy & procedures and hence ensure the firm is compliant with legislative requirements.
Key Functions: (include but may not be limited to):
- Continually develop and implement the Health & Safety policy and management arrangements to ensure all working practices are safe;
- Undertake risk assessments and reviews, including COSHH, Environmental impact and Manual Handling and develop subsequent safe systems of work.
- Complete regular site inspections and audits to monitor compliance with HSE requirements;
- Organise necessary external inspections.
- Investigate all accidents, near misses and complaints of ill health etc;
- Implement & develop the sub-contractors' policy and procedures;
- Maintain all necessary records for effective HSE management and complete all aspects of HSE administration;
- Respond to employee safety and environmental concerns and implement systems for improvements;
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Senior Managers.
- You will hold a NEBOSH Certificate and have 2+ years equivalent experience in a Health &
- Safety role. You will have good working knowledge of HSE legislation. You will be proficient in use of MS Office applications.
- We are looking for someone with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills who is a strong negotiator, analytical and a problem solver.
Preference will be shown to applicants who in addition to the above have a Construction background and have a NEBOSH Diploma and hold Membership of IOSH.
If you have an interest in starting a career as a Health & Safety Manager, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV or call Conal on 028 90 313 720 to discuss in confidence.