Health and Safety Officer
What's in it for you?
- £33k Salary
- Flexible working hours between 7am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Plus benefits / pension
Location: Role is in Antrim
Full Time Permanent Position
Job Ref: CS8016
Our client is at the forefront of their industry, supplying expertise to companies across a range of sectors have a very exciting opportunity for a candidate to gain extensive Health and Safety experience along with on-the-job training.
Your Responsibilities as Health and Safety Officer
- The successful candidate will have a 70/30 split between production areas/office time to monitor works and personnel.
- Help create and promote a Health and Safety culture.
- Carry out inspections of site operations and premises to determine whether the legislation and regulations are being complied with.
- Provide HSE Manager with information o n the Health and Safety performance of individual work areas and other workplaces. This information will include details of compliance levels, accidents, incidents, and dangerous occurrences.
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments / method statements for give work activities.
- Carry out accident investigations and be a key player in driving near miss reporting.
- Supporting management to carryout toolbox talks and safety briefings.
What you need to succeed
- Experience of working to ISO standards (ISO45001, ISO9001 and ISO14001)
- A minimum 2 years' experience within an operational Health and Safety role.
- Have or working towards NEBOSH qualification (this may be waved with extensive experience)
- Full Driver's License.
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Belfast, Lisburn, Antrim, Toome, Castledawson, Magherafelt and Maghera areas.