Intermediate Estimator | Construction - Fit Out
We are pleased to be partnering with our Antrim based Client in their search for an Intermediate Estimator looking to enhance their career as part of a dynamic team with a commitment to excellence and innovation.
With 45 years of industry experience, our client stands as an internationally celebrated expert in bespoke joinery and interior fit-out solutions. Their comprehensive services encompass turnkey fit-outs across diverse sectors, such as luxurious hotels, high-end residential projects, cultural institutions, sports arenas, commercial spaces, marine applications, and a versatile range of modular solutions.
What's in it for you?
Our client offers an enhanced benefits package in addition to a highly competitive remuneration*, including:
- Generous annual leave which increases with tenure plus holiday purchase scheme
- Company wide working from home policy (1 day per week)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced health and wellbeing benefits including Westfield Health and EAP
- Engagement committee
- Early finish Friday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
Your New Role as an Intermediate Estimator
As a key member of the team, you will work alongside Senior Estimators and Leadership in providing accurate estimations of costs and the timely provision of tender documentation to values of £20m and above. Projects will initially range across land-based high-end hospitality and leisure fitouts.
You will engage collaboratively with other team members to formulate and deliver Bid Strategies, ensuring tenders meet the assigned requirements and schedules, while. As part of a standard range of Estimating activities, you will be responsible for the procurement and assessment of supplier and subcontract quotations, compiling accurate BoQ and analytical estimates from first principles, and contributing to final negotiations, post tender and post contract discussions.
What you will need to succeed
You will be able to demonstrate on your profile and at interview:
- 3+ years experience in a similar role to include estimating fit-out projects.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good management skills with the ability to guide and provide tangible feedback.
- Experience in communicating and presenting information in an effective and persuasive way.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
The following would be advantageous but is not essential:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field (e.g. Quantity Surveying)
- Familiarity with estimating software packages (e.g. Conquest)
*DOE - full range disclosed during your initial discussion with the consultant
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.