Vickerstock are delighted to be once again working with our Food Manufacturing client who are passionate about their people and whose vision is to become the best and most respected in their industry on the appointment of Key Production Lead in their Hatchery based close to Dungannon.
As the successful Key Production Lead you will oversee that the hatchery operatives effectively carry out manual tasks and chick vaccination with due attention to welfare and quality and be required to act up as a Supervisor during such times when it is necessary for the successful running of the Hatchery.
What you will receive:
- Salary £14.78 per hour
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday; 12noon - 12pm
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Flexible Working
- Continuous training provided.
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted employee shop
- Life cover
- Shopping discounts
What your typical day as Assistant Food Technologist will look like:
- Ensure operational efficiency.
- Organisation of labour to ensure targets are met, e.g. organising production lines by order of priority, line balancing etc.
- Liaise with other supervisors, suppliers and management in order to effectively meet targets.
- Maintain an awareness of egg and chick quality.
- Monitoring the usage of chemicals
- Maintaining hygiene standards and prioritising cleaning according to production requirements
- Highlight any problems with machinery to the maintenance team.
- Any other duties, that may be required by the Manager.
Your essential ingredients:
- Experience working in Production.
- Good timekeeping/communication skills
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Computer Literate
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!)
- Previous hatchery experience
- Previous experience at supervisory or people management level
- Awareness of Animal Welfare
- Awareness of Hygiene Standards
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES