Lead Quality Engineer
Full Time permanent position
Daytime hour role Monday to Friday (Early start and finish)
Our Client is a large established local firm who have a strong reputation for being a good employer in the local area. This position has become available as they have secured new contracts and the current Quality Manager has a lot of pressure on their position. They are therefore looking someone who can assist him lead and guide the Quality Technicians / Inspectors, who can assist when customers come to site and occasionally visit customer sites in Ireland / UK (It is estimated up to maybe a max of 8-10 overnights a year, to meet business needs, although its currently less than this).
Role and responsibilities of Lead Quality Engineer:
- Assist the Quality Manager in leading 6 quality inspectors / technicians
- Carrying out QA checks on construction related products ensuring they meet requirements of customer specifications and relevant BS/EU Standards.
- Ability to work to strict specifications and drawings.
- Complete, review and submit all required QA records.
- Record all non-conformances and maintain non-Conforming log.
- Liaising with customer to resolve quality matters.
- Partake in establishing Root Cause of problems.
- Reporting to QA Team Leader
- Willing to lead a team of QA checkers under the guidance of QA Team Leader.
- Any other duties related to quality control and project management.
Essential for Lead Quality Engineer:
- A minimum of 4 years experience within Quality Engineering / Manufacturing - Ideally within construction related products
- Experience in dealing directly with Clients on site within a Quality Capacity
- Root Cause Analysis
- Ability in working to and adhering strictly to technical specifications and drawings
- Ability to go to UK and Ireland sites, maybe up to 10 nights a year
- Experience in guiding more Junior Quality Engineers or Quality Inspectors / Quality Technicians
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page, or get in touch with Hugh Nugent to discuss in absolute confidence
Hugh has 11+ years' experience specifically in Engineering / Manufacturing Recruitment and specialises across Senior Executive Placements, Design/Development and Quality Engineering roles throughout Ireland.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Toomebridge, Antrim, Derry, Magherafelt, Maghera, Ballymena, Randalstown, Garvagh, Ballymoney, Castledawson, Cookstown, Crumlin areas.