€65k - €75k (Negotiable depending on experience)
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading employer of choice based in Monaghan, our client has one of the best staff retention rates in the area. They are devoted to providing its employees with training and development opportunities to help assist them with career progression within the business.
From day one you will have access to industry leading training and support to help assist you achieve long term strategies and goals.
Key Responsibilities as a Maintenance Manager;
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, new business initiatives/ projects, processes, and procedures to aid and improve our operational performance
- Create a strategy of Continuous Improvement within the Maintenance team that aligns with industry best practice
- Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy
- Provide "hands on" support, plan, delegate and guide the maintenance team on essential planned and preventative maintenance projects as well as effectively rectify unplanned maintenance events.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Develop accurate budgets, stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Provide technical expertise to the team, identify, and deploy the internal technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Other duties from time to time that are considered to be within your capabilities
Knowledge/ Experience/ Academic Requirements;
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering qualification, technical capability and understanding
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven management experience, preferably as a Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- Completed a fully indentured apprenticeship with a mechanical/ electrical/ electronic discipline
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this Maintenance Manager role in absolute confidence on, or send an updated CV via the link on the page