Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership a world leading medical technology company based in Belfast on the appointment of a Material Coordinator.
Responsible for material control, you must ensure the appropriate disposition of all materials. You will be responsible for supervising and participating in purchasing & stores, receipt, packing and despatch activities, introducing best practice methodology as appropriate. You will have a zero-tolerance approach regarding defects in material and procedural defaults.
If you are seeking a new role going in to 2023 that offers personal development and career progression, they won't come much better that this!
What's in it for you?
- Up to £30k (depending on experience)
- 5% bonus paid annually
- 9% pension
- Full private healthcare cover
- Discount on company shares
- 3.5% pay increase at the end of each financial year
- 34 days holiday
Monday-Friday (Flexitime hours available). Early finish on Friday.
In your new role:
- Ensure that work instructions, procedures and processes are completed strictly in accordance with those issued from Quality or other departments
- Liaise with relevant departments to identify any process issues or defaults in purchasing, goods Inwards, packing and despatch areas
- Liaise with other managers and supervisors to introduce a culture of zero tolerance to defects
- Communicate to Stores and despatch staff regarding continuous improvements
- Introduce process improvements on purchasing, stores, material disposition, packing and despatch procedures
- Liaise with relevant departments regarding customer complaints or concerns concerning the quality and correctness of shipped product
- Liaise with Engineering and other departments regarding new or modified products to ensure, receipt, handling and packing processes are developed to the highest standard and are validated before production
- Organize and complete stock taking activities
- Issue purchasing material review and ensure material availability in the necessary areas to meet the production schedule
- Leverage cost in material approval, handling and storage whilst adhering to Quality procedures
- Train & mentor stores and packing personnel on new or modified processes
- Maintain records accordingly
- Operate with a continuous improvement mindset towards all aspects, working alongside the wider Operations and Quality Team to deliver process improvements
- Contribute and maintain the company's Health and Safety policies
What you will need to succeed:
- 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 5 GCSE's including Maths & English
Desirable: (It would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't')
- Previous experience working with medical materials
- Previous experience using SAP
If you would like a confidential coversation on this role please call our Supply Chain specialist Chris on 028 9031 3720 or to view all the different opportunities Vickerstock have to offer please visit www.vickerstock.com