Vickerstock are working in partnership a global med tech giant based in Belfast on the appointment of a Materials Supervisor.
This position is with, genuinely one of the best firms to work for in the country!
The main purpose of your role will be to supervise people and process as well as supervising goods receiving, Off-Site storage, material control, packaging and dispatch.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary: Up to £40,000
- 10% annual bonus
- 9% employer pension contributions
- Full private healthcare cover
- Discount on company shares
- Funding for third level qualifications
- 4 day week (Monday to Thursday, days)
In your new role:
- Supervise a process and schedule to verify and maintain inventory accuracy
- Ensure that work is completed strictly in accordance with work instructions, procedures, and process flows. To identify and resolve by liaising with other departments as appropriate any procedural or process issues or defaults in material management
- Work collaboratively with demand planning, sourcing, operations & finance to provide material availability analysis and provide insight to optimum build schedules
- Ensure KPIs are achieved and actively work towards improving the performance of your team and function.
- Liaise with other managers and supervisors to introduce a culture of zero tolerance to defects
- Manage offsite storage and delivery, minimizing wastes in the value stream
- Deliver process improvements on material controls
- Deliver the 6S deployment and set golden standard for 6S adherence
- Ensure material accuracy throughout the value stream
- Liaise with Engineering and other departments regarding new or modified products to ensure, receipt, handling and packing processes are developed to the highest standard and are validated before production
- Organise and complete stock taking activities as necessary
- Issue purchasing material review and ensure material availability in the necessary areas to meet the production schedule
- Leverage cost in material approval, handling and storage
- Train materials team on new or modified processes and to maintain records accordingly
- Supervise the disposition of all defect product
- Maintain Bill of Materials item master data for current and future materials
- Contribute and maintain the company's Health and Safety policies and to ensure that all areas of stores, packing and despatch meet these requirements through good housekeeping and timely disposition of material
What you will need to succeed:
- 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree in Science, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent work/life experience
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, get in touch with Chris our Supply Chain specialist today