NESTING ENGINEER (with Estimating - 4 day week)
EXCLUSIVE TO VICKERSTOCK
Location - Magherafelt
Package: £22-36K depending on experience / Career progression
The role is a 4 day week (Monday to Thursday)
Full time permanent position
The company is a successful, rapidly expanding, heavy metal Engineering / Manufacturing firm who due to growth and demand, need to hire an experienced Nesting Engineer who can also Price/Cost/Estimate. The company have a secure order book beyond the next 12 months and they are seeking a hard working organised individual who is an effective communicator and works well with a team. The role is approximately 70% nesting (using Lantek nesting software) and 30% Pricing / Costing / Estimating as well as organising BOM's and kits.
Responsibilities of this Nesting Engineer / Estimator:
- Undertake nesting of plasma cut parts using Lantek nesting software
- Prioritising parts and nests in line with the fabrication schedule
- Laying out cutting patterns to minimize raw material waste
- Ensuring parts generated are to customer specification
- Releasing all required drawings & check sheets to press brakes
- Undertake pricing of all parts that are Manufactured - both small parts and also larger kits
- Optimisation of manufacturing processes and stock control - improve productivity and efficiency across the business, including continual improvement of current processes, design of new processes and identifying areas for improvement
The successful candidate Nesting Engineer / Estimator must have:
- Relevant previous experience in a similar role - A minimum of 1 year
- Experience using nesting software such as Lantek, Sigmanest or Pronest
- Some exposure to Pricing / Costing / Estimating
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page, or get in touch with Hugh Nugent to discuss in absolute confidence
Hugh has 11+ years' experience specifically in Engineering / Manufacturing Recruitment and specialises across Senior Executive Placements, Design/Development and Quality Engineering roles throughout Ireland.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Toome, Antrim, Randalstown, Castledawson, Magherafelt, Ballyronan, Ballymena, Maghera, Moneymore, Cookstown, Dungannon, Crumlin, Derry and Tyrone areas.