Vickerstock are excited to be partnering exclusively with our Food Manufacturing client where integrity and trust is at the heart of the business on the appointment of New Product Development Manager based in Dungannon. Their desire to create better food is the driving force behind all processes while providing consistent quality meat products from sustainable sources is the reason, they are one of Europe's leading food processing companies.
As the successful NPD Manager, you will work within a multidisciplinary structure, ensuring that exciting new products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently, and in a safe and timely manner.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Monday-Friday working hours with occasional weekend cover required.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity for personal growth and development
What your typical day as NPD Manager will look like:
- Collaborating with all site disciplines and supporting a high performing and effective NPD Team.
- Manage NPD process to ensure new and re-developed products are launched successfully, delivered efficiently and in a timely and cost-effective manner for the business in line with customer codes of practice and in conjunction with all appropriate stakeholders.
- Liaising and communicating with the Customer to develop strong and positive relationships with key personnel.
- Working closely with the Development Chefs and the Commercial Team to ensure that all information is co-owned, co-approved and appropriate to the brief.
- Product concepts from the Development Chefs are scaled up in the factory in a professional and organised manner for timely and accurate presentation to the customer.
- Working with other site disciplines to ensure the food safety, quality, and legality of all new and modified products.
- Ensuring the appropriate maintenance of records of NPD activities to ensure audit compliance in NPD & EPD activities.
- Working proactively within the scope of relevant food trends and innovation, in collaboration with the Development Chefs, Marketing Team and the Customer
- Working proactively with respect to new processes, machinery, capabilities, and product improvement. This includes the undertaking of R&D projects, as appropriate.
- Liaising and communicating with suppliers, third parties & external providers of expertise.
- Liaising and communicating with all internal stakeholders to develop and deliver food-safe, legally compliant new and modified lines from the site.
What you will need to succeed:
- 2 years + Food industry experience, preferably in a Product Development role.
- Related discipline qualification at higher education level, OR equivalent experience in industry.
- Exposure to the understanding of foodservice/ retail customers ways of working
- Organisational skills to enable the management and development of multiple projects.
- Understanding and working knowledge of food science and manufacturing process
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on your own initiative.
- Willing to build knowledge base above and beyond core experience.
- Full UK driving licence and ability to travel to UK sites/customers as required to fulfill job role.
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES