Vickerstock are delighted to be partnering with our Food Manufacturing client committed to quality and integrity within all operations on the appointment of NPD Technologist. They supply into the chilled and frozen retail, food service and food manufacturing sectors from their production base in Craigavon.
As NPD Technologist you will work as a member of the Innovation and Development team and help to successful develop new products and improve current products following the company development process.
What we have to offer you:
- £23-28 DOE
- Monday to Friday working week
What a typical day as NPD Technologist will look like:
- Responsible for assisting in the re-formulation of existing products in line with customer requirements.
- Monitor marketplace trends and compile reports accordingly.
- Be involved in the transition of NPD samples from test kitchen to factory pre-production to factory launch.
- Preparation of products and samples for internal and external presentations
- Assisting in pack copy information (Completing Cooking Instructions, Shelf-Life Samples etc.)
- Creation and validation of cooking instructions
- Conduct regular benchmarking taste panels to compare products across the marketplace.
- Work alongside the Technical department in the creation of internal and external product specifications
- Attend and participate in factory trials, in line with the business product development gate process.
- Attend and participate in presentations to customers.
- Ensure excellent housekeeping within the Innovation centre.
Your essential ingredients:
- 1-2 years experience working in food-based product development within a busy food processing environment.
- Third level qualification Degree or HNC/D in a relevant food related discipline
- Level 3 Food Safety & Hygiene qualification or equivalent.
- Strong IT skills and an ability to record and present information in a concise format.
- Creative and be able to cook competently.
- Demonstrate a passion for food trends and an understanding of a wide range of ingredients and their attributes as well as flavour combinations.
- Driven and flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business and the role is essential.
- Working within technical specifications to deliver top quality products.
- Clean UK/EU driving licence and access to a car for transport is a requirement for this position.
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.