Packaging Production Manager | Armagh
Vickerstock are partnering with a hugely innovative and quality focused food packaging supplier, with the appointment of a Packaging Production Manager for their Armagh facility.
This business has a fantastic reputation for excellence and continues to invest heavily in sustainable solutions.
What we have on offer:
- Salary £40-50k depending on experience
- Monday to Friday
- Senior Management position
Your day to day:
Ultimately this is a People Management focused role - as the successful Packaging Production Manager it will be your responsibility to ensure all production staff are operating at full optimisation and production processes are running efficiently at all times.
- Sourcing new staff and maintaining sufficient staffing levels with the assistant of the HR Manager
- Management of all production staff to include monitoring sick days, annual leave, unauthorised absence and disciplinary with the assistant of the HR Manager
- Ensure all production staff are working efficiently
- Induction of new staff in relation to production process
- Generate and implement the production plans on a daily basis/staff rotas on a weekly basis
- Arrange and monitor staff training for all production staff
- Ensure machinery is operating efficiently at all times with the Maintenance Manager
- Identify and report machine faults to our Engineers
- Monitor and oversee work carried out by contractors
- Carry out quality checks and implement improvements with the Quality Manager
- Ensure excellent housekeeping and health & safety standards are maintained at all times
- Recommend improvement of the production processes to include efficiency, quality and safety
- Manage stock levels of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods
- Establish and monitor costs for all product lines
- Help maintain the company's quality systems in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Hold daily/weekly meetings with Directors, Team Leaders and Maintenance staff.
- Applicants will have a minimum of three years' production management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Enhanced leadership and people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a tenacity to get to the root cause of operational issues
- Strong communication, organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong analytical/reporting skills
- Highly competent in MS Office applications
What to do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite hit the mark, let's get a chat and see what else I can offer.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.