Payroll Officer (part time)
We are working with an established client to recruit for a Payroll Officer for 3 days per week. The role is permanent and based in Cookstown. The working hours are negotiable.
The Payroll Officer role will involve processing accurate and timely payment, computerised weekly and monthly payroll.
Your new role as a Payroll Officer will include;
- End-to-end processing of the weekly & Monthly PAYE payroll
- Setting up new starters and terminating leavers on the timesheet and payroll software
- Main point of contact for all timesheet/payroll queries
- Importing pay data into payroll software (SAGE)
- Processing HMRC notifications, including tax code changes and Student Loan notifications
- Calculating SSP, SMP, SPP, bonuses in line with HMRC guidance
- Processing holiday pay and expense claims
- Producing payslips, P45s and P60s
- Creating BACS files for weekly payments
- Pension administration, including auto-enrolment, uploading, and paying weekly contribution schedules
What you'll need to succeed as Payroll Officer;
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (grade C or above) or equivalent qualifications to demonstrate numeracy and literacy.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in Sage payroll for a minimum of one year;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent IT skills - MS Office and accounts software experience;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under pressure.
What we hope you will do next:
Contact Mary to discuss this in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page