Vickerstock are excited to be partnering with our client, a dedicated, family run food producers on the appointment of Quality Assistant based in County Down. They have a long legacy of creating award-winning consumer retail brands as well as developing innovative products of the highest quality.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the company's quality assurance procedures.
What your typical day as Quality Assistant will look like:
- Liaise with the production team to achieve the highest possible standards of product quality, safety and hygiene.
- Ensure that products despatched from the company meet company and customer standards and statutory regulations.
- Monitor production and packaging processes, raising problem areas with production staff in the first instance and if the problem is not resolved promptly, inform the Factory/Quality Managers of any areas requiring attention.
- Ensure performance of critical tasks to maintain product quality (eg. calibration, temperature monitoring, etc.).
- Ensure production and packing staff accurately complete all agreed Quality records.
- Carry out spot checks to verify accuracy of these records.
- Monitor and compile accurate records of;
- weights of products produced daily,
- area temperatures of chills and freezers throughout the factory
- metal detectors,
- glass audits.
- Any other duties as directed by the Quality Manager.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience in food preparation in a commercial environment.
- Experience in producing and maintaining accurate records.
- Experience of working in a busy and demanding environment.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!)
- Food/Quality qualification.
- Experience within the food industry
- Awareness of quality management systems (eg. BRC)
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.