Vickerstock are excited to be working in partnership with our Food Manufacturing client whose aim is to create food ranges that brings bespoke experience and deliver exquisite artisan bakery and food to go products to their customers with the appointment of Quality Controller for their site based in Newry.
As Quality Controller you will report to Quality Manager and echo the quality, legality, and authenticity of the company's values to achieve extraordinary results.
The benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Discounted company products
- Free On-Site Parking
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Staff events throughout the year
- Staff Mental Health and Well-being Programme
- Staff Learning and Development Opportunities
What your typical day as the successful Quality Controller will look like:
- To conduct duties in a manner that safeguards personal safety and the safety of others.
- Ensuring that everything done complies with company Health, Safety & Hygiene procedures.
- Approving materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approving in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approving finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning and confirming products for re-work.
- Completing paperwork and records of checks carried out.
- Keeping measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and highlighting the need for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations.
- Supporting the production team and ensuring the prevention of use of sub-standard ingredients and the prevent of poor quality or potentially unsafe product leaving site.
- Reporting issues to the Quality Manager/Supervisor that may result in compromised food safety or quality for consumers.
- To carry out any other reasonable working instruction given by the Quality Manager.
Your Essential Ingredients:
- Previous experience working in Quality/Food or similar environment
- Good level of reading and communication
- Able to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Flexible attitude, to hours and days of work on a scheduled rota
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.