- Posted 21 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationNorthern Ireland
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Quality Manager | County Down | circa £30-40k
Vickerstock are partnering with a UK leading food producer with the appointment of a Quality Manager to help them achieve their ambitious growth plans for their County Down based facility.
If you are looking for an evolving company focused on staying ahead of food trends and committed to developing people's careers, this could be the job for you.
What we have to offer you:
- Salary circa £30-40k depending on experience
- Hour of work:- Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
- Learning and development opportunities
A typical day as the successful Food Safety & Quality Manager
Reporting to company's Technical Manager this role will be responsible for promoting a Quality ethos. Establishing and protecting the quality and brand standards for the Business and its customers. Managing all quality issues as part of the technical team on site.
- Oversee the implementation and improvement of the company Quality System, ensuring that the highest standards of Food Quality are maintained
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients/product
- Ensure all quality controls in respect to raw materials, process flow, finished products, packaging and environmental matters are adhered to strictly.
- Management of quality control team.
- Co-ordinate, manage and carry out traceability testing
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Technical to ensure Food Safety, HACCP, TACCP and VACCP on site.
- Responsible for promoting and protecting quality standards and product integrity by strict monitoring and auditing of systems
- Implement and monitor hygiene best practice/allergen control throughout the site
- Investigating customer complaints and non-conformances and reporting on actions taken
- Assisting in the preparation of the site for customer and accreditation audits
- Management of RSPO and RFA accreditation on site including audits
- Escalation of any non-conformances to senior management
Your essential ingredients:
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant Food Science / Technology discipline
- Level 3 HACCP Qualification/ demonstrate a strong background in HACCP principles
- Ideally experience of leading Food Safety & Quality teams in Food Manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, procedures and policies
- Report writing and procedural writing skills
- Previous experience in a BRC accredited environment
- Ambitious, results orientated and highly organised/strong attention to detail
- Ability to achieve ambitious deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
What to do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.