Quality/Technical Supervisor (FMCG)
- Posted 26 May 2023
- Salary £35000 - £38000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Quality/Technical Supervisor (Food) | Belfast | Salary £35-38K doe
Vickerstock are proud to be working EXCLUSIVELY with our leading Food Manufacturing client based in Belfast, with the appointment of a Quality/Technical Supervisor.
This is a key role within this long-established business renowned for delivering quality products. You will have a people centric approach, be interactive on the floor - driving and building a food safety culture.
What we have to offer:
- Salary £35-38K doe
- Working week: Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm, Friday 7am to 1.45pm
- 28days holiday
A typical day as Quality/Technical Supervisor
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checks as required by the internal management systems.
- Retain necessary documents to support the internal management systems
- Maintain TTL and product specifications
- Ensure the company's systems are updated in line with any legislative / standard updates including the register of legislation
- Complete and review H&S risk assessments
- Provide technical support / advice to ensure continuous technical performance improvement
- Maintain company specs and ensure they are adhered to (esp. labelling and barcoding)
- Ensure legal compliance with weights and measures
- Complete external audits as required (e.g. suppliers)
- Manage related contracts - pest control, water testing, laundry, tea pesticide testing, etc
- Manage company's PRNs
- Monitor and improve finished product quality
- Conduct HACCP reviews and ensure CCP checks are robust
- Carry out investigation into consumer and customer complaints and put preventative actions in place
- Responsible for related KPIs and the delivery of these to target
- Ensure team complete all quality related records - review and sign off as per standards
- Attend and contribute to all meetings and represent technical performance and plans
- Carry out staff training / briefing, including induction for new employees
- Report any quality, environmental or safety NC to the Operations Manager and lead action planning
- Manage / facilitate quality, environmental or H&S continuous improvement programs
- Identify / manage any NC raised to ensure they are resolved satisfactorily
Your essential ingredients:
- Third level qualification in a relevant subject or minimum 3 years' experience working in a Quality Assurance or Management Systems within food manufacturing environment
- Experience with BRC, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- People centric leadership; strong communications skills
- Qualified to lead and complete internal audit programs
- Self-managing, disciplined with strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Has worked in a company supplying Tesco
- Experience in packaging and development of relevant specifications
- Demonstrate ability to lead change programs
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.