- Posted 26 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Discipline Construction
- Contact NameSydney Long
Vickerstock Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the UK's leading main contractors to recruit for the position of Quantity Surveyor. With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK, this local success story is now one of the UK's largest contractors and continues to go from strength to strength. This particular role will be based in Wolverhampton, working on major projects in Wolverhampton and across England.
Your new role as Quantity Surveyor
As Quantity Surveyor, you will become valued member of the commercial team. It is your responsibility to provide commercial support and advice to your team aiding decision making, maintaining commercial information, and ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements. In this role, you are in charge of controlling costs against project budgets, prepare and agree interim valuations and agree any possible claims for reimbursement, loss, and expense. You must establish and maintain good working relationships with your team and always ensure effective interaction between commercial and operational site teams.
What you will need to succeed as Quantity Surveyor (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't)
- Experience working in a similar position;
- A relevant degree;
- Good knowledge of construction contracts, particularly JCT and NEC Forms of Contract;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good numerical, IT and problem-solving skills;
- Sound commercial awareness.
What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave which increases after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary
- 6% employer contribution pension
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to progress further in your career through excellent training and development
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE BROWSE OUR WEBSITE