- Posted 23 February 2023
- Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum + perks
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameChris Quinn
Vickerstock are working exclusively in partnership with an energy management specialist firm based in Belfast on the appointment of a Buyer.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance you will support the creation and development of a new purchasing and supply chain function.
This role has been created due to a huge period of growth that is expected to continue for the next 5 years. If you are ready to take you career to the next level with an opportunity to build your own procurement team implementing your own systems and processes, this is the role for you!
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £40,000
- 6% pension
- Full private healthcare cover
- Life assurance
- Personal development & career progression
In your new role:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing suppliers, negotiating best price, lead times, and agreeing performance targets
- Monitor ongoing spend against annual budgets, and reporting on same to Operations & Finance
- Oversee purchase order processes and embed full adherence throughout all departments
- Work closely with management and sales teams to understand and plan business stock and ordering needs
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to implement purchasing processes
- Working closely with Operations to embed robust stock management controls in our warehousing operations
- Offer commercial support to new product development projects and improvement projects
- Implement approval process of subcontractors along with department heads
- Monitor impacts of external supply chain factors to ensure accurate forward planning
- Arrange transport of goods inwards and tracking orders to ensure timely delivery
- Review of invoices, payment procedures to ensure accuracy, value for money etc along with Finance team
- Monitor the stock quality and escalating any discrepancies to suppliers and management
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 4 years procurement experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Proficient in the use of MRP systems and all Microsoft Office packages
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, give our Supply Chain specialist a call on 028 9031 3720.