Senior Electronics Test Engineer
Senior Electronics Test Engineer - setting up rigs etc for Manufacturing processes
Greater Belfast area
Full time permanent position daytime hours Mon to Fri with full flexitime (37.5 hours per working week)
Extensive package on offer: £35-45K basic plus 10% annual bonus, a healthy pension scheme, Private Healthcare Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme, Long Term Disability & Death in Service Insurance, a total of 33 days holidays (Plus additional days with service), discounted company shares, educational and training assistance.
Our client is a large top international employer with offices on the outskirts of Belfast. They produce develop and manufacture a heavily regulated, cutting edge, specialist electronics device that is software programmed and mechanical encased with durability and reliance in mind. In a very stable and growing market, they offer career security for all their staff, along with extensive development prospects, as well as having a particularly strong focus on personal development - through inhouse and external training courses / education.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Electronics Test Engineer who will develop and set up test rigs for manufacture to ensure quality compliance of products.
The successful Senior Electronics Test Engineer will perform engineering work in operations, production construction or maintenance environments. They will be responsible to designs and scaling-up manufacturing processes, instruments, equipment, testing manufactured products to maintain quality. The successful Test Engineer will also plan, design and estimate time and cost; and oversee the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, systems and components. If successful, you will be responsible for analysing and developing solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures.
The company are looking for high achieving individuals with excellent communication and team working skills; who can comfortably work in a fast paced, commercial environment while adhering to quality standards and lead times.
The role of Senior Electronics Test Engineer:
- Become the SME for Operations Test Equipment
- Review Test Specifications and Methodologies on Operations test Equipment
- Perform and/or support Equipment Validation, Verification, Calibration and Qualification Activities
- Provide Technical Support for Test Equipment onsite and offsite and ensure compliance with maintenance/calibration schedule and requirements
- Provide and/or review engineering documentation required for transfer to operations, e.g. Work Instructions, BoMs, etc
- Continuously improve Test processes and Equipment uptime and performance using the Lean Six Sigma approach
- Work on escalating problems, document and implement solutions via CAPA or other mechanism as per procedures
- Work closely with R&D in design for Manufacturing of new Test Equipment and Systems
- Review and produce Verification protocols prior to transfer for Manufacturing Qualification
What you will need for this role of Senior Electronics Test Engineer:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent technical experience is required
- 2 Years' experience in Electronics Manufacturing Environment
- 2 Years' experience in generating Technical documentation for electronics systems
- Electronic Test systems
- Installation and Maintenance of Electronic Test Systems
- Lean Production
- ISO:9001 and ISO:13485
- Proficient in MSOffice
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page, or get in touch with Hugh Nugent to discuss in absolute confidence
Hugh has 11+ years' experience specifically in Engineering / Manufacturing Recruitment and specialises across Senior Executive Placements, Design/Development and Quality Engineering roles throughout Ireland.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Omagh, Tyrone, Dungannon, Armagh, Fermanagh, Strabane, Derry, Londonderry, Monaghan, Donegal areas.