Senior Estimator | Mechanical & Electrical
Vickerstock are working with a Tier 1 M&E Contractor in their recruitment of experienced Mechanical or Electrical Estimators.
Our client is a well established provider of large, multi-sector and complex MEP engineering project works, operating across the UK and ROI. They are looking to invest in the continuing progression of experienced individuals with estimating/quantity surveying backgrounds.
This is a highly lucrative opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a renowned business offering a competitive package and the potential to make a tangible difference to the environment.
Our client also welcome applications from individuals with built services backgrounds (e.g. time served plumbers and electricians), who are keen to come into an office environment and progress.
Your new role as an Estimator
You will join the business in a pivotal role, ensuring the successful delivery of numerous projects across the UK and Ireland. Working closely with the Commercial department and reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for a full range of estimating activities, including carrying out detailed mechanical take offs for a variety of projects from high level cost plans/budgets, design & build & fully designed.
This is an office-based position with very occasional travel to other offices.
What you will get
In addition to a competitive remuneration, our client offers comprehensive training and support from Leadership and external providers. They also cater for flexible working patterns and a Private Health Care Scheme (following a successful probation period).
What you will need to succeed
- A Third level qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. Quantity Surveying) and 5 or more years experience in an M&E environment.
- Alternatively, you will be a time served plumber or Electrician (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent) or have proven industry experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive mechanical technical knowledge.
- Comfortable multitasking and meeting deadlines while mentoring junior team members.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, with a 'can-do' approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.